Friday, March 5, 2010

(LORD WILLING) I'm leaving in the morning!

I can't believe it's finally here..!!! Well, sort of. I leave @ 5:30 to head to my dad's house to drop of my car for its 4-month hibernation. Then my mom is taking me to Tampa for my 8:58ish? departure to Fort Lauderdale. It's a simple, one hour flight on Spirit, my maiden voyage with the airline. Once I get in to Fort Lauderdale, I have 23 hours and 47 minutes until I depart for Haiti. So I broke down and went ahead and booked a hotel. Completely unlike me. I am usually of the couch-surfer persuasion, but I figured the time alone, with a safe place for my stuff, and not to mention my own bed and possibly my last long, hot, shower for a while. Fingers crossed because I'm not good at the whole hotel thing. I booked the cheapest I could find, with an airport shuttle and internet as the only amenities I used in my search criteria (so it could be a complete dive, but at least I wouldn't miss my flight!). Regardless, this is definitely my first hotel stay alone; although I've done the whole single-travel thing in Belize and hostels and couch surfing, but I'm more afraid of hotel comforters than I am of some strangers Peruvian afghans.

I fly out of Fort Lauderdale on Sunday, at 9:45 AM, so I have to get to the airport at 6:45 again. If I remember right, FLL is a terrible airport. But I could easily be confusing it with Miami's airport. Actually, half of it was in Spanish. So I'm almost certain it was Miami.

Anyway, please be praying for this leg of my journey. The anticipation is killing me. But it is going to be a terribly long 24 hours tomorrow. Lots of time spent alone, and again, the whole airport-hotel-airport thing. I'll get more specific as the time gets closer :) One step at a time!

Love you all!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment