Tuesday, February 23, 2010

addendum: i will not be bringing my robe.

i will, however, be bringing everything i will need within the next four months, with me. in this bag to the left. clothes, shoes, toiletries, snacks, towels, hair products (note to self: don't forget blowdryer. vain, i know). you name it, its in this bag.

i have 16 pairs of pants/shorts/skirts; most of which are cotton or linen; all of which folded nice and neat into one little pile.

sorry that i'm dwelling on the size of this bag. i'm just astonished that it's only tuesday and i'm about 90% packed and that i fit 4 months worth of my life into one bag. its amazing what we can do when we learn to/are forced to simplify.

***

those of you that have made contributions to this 'trip' (what should i call it? my mission? my job? my income for the next four months?), one HUGE, gracious THANK YOU. Seriously, I know its hard to convey via this measly little blog, but ya'll bless my heart, and my opportunity, in such a large way. i can not get over your generosity and encouraging words. and because of you, this trip is possible. i love to think that the Lord has used each of you in blessing me. each of you are showing up as the provision of the Lord, so that together, we can be his hands and feet. that makes my heart smile, and i really think it makes His smile, too :)

this time, next week, i'll be falling asleep in a new bed, in a new room, in a new land, but under the same loving hand of our Father. that comforts me so much to know that amidst the chaos, He'll be there. and i pray ya'll will be too!

***

subbing tomorrow, so need to keep this short. i wish i could leave you with a special thought or quote or verse, but nothing immediately comes to mind. i will ask that you pray for my transition; that it is seamless and the Lord works out the details (like, the ones i have yet to hear back about: airport situation, questions about curriculum, availability of goods). pray for my travels, that i'm able to spend a lot of time in prayer and with the Lord throughout my long delayed journey, and that i arrive safely and timely to PaP, and to the YWAM base.

je t'aime et bonne nuit.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment