Friday, May 14, 2010

rest for the weary

although i just showered an hour and a half ago, i find myself already sopping wet with my own perspiration. it feels every bit of the 107 heat index today. the electric is off, the air is still, and i just ate my first can of relief soup here in haiti (you can imagine why we don't do soup very often).

today was a good, yet almost exhausting end to a very tumultuous week. i'm blessed to be feeling a million times better. yesterday attributed to that exponentially.

i woke up yesterday in the most ridiculously, almost giddy mood. between the many voices just beyond my window, and the baby cries from just beyond the bathroom, 8:00 seemed like an appropriate time to get up on our very necessary day off from school (Pan-American Day; who has the answer?).

in my overzealous, glad-to-be-back mood, i decided productivity was the word for the morning! anne was up, too, so i offered to make us breakfast. i made us each an order of croissant french toast (modeled after my fave brunch item at Marche in East Nashville!) and we just talked and enjoyed the morning (which was such a blessing to each of us!). following breakfast, i decided to finally put away my laundry from while i was sick, and clean and sweep my room!

at 9:40, i was treated to a massage by a lovely lady from the Swiss FCM team (Praise JESUS!). it was such a relaxing and healing experience, and left me feeling even more in love with life! because physical touch is my love language, it spoke volumes to my massage-deprived soul!

thursdays are salad days on base now, so i definitely took advantage of the offer of fresh veggies! it was my first time back up on base for meal time in nearly a week, so it was SO bizarre to see SO many people again; i think my eyes had become acclimatized to small pockets of people in and around my apartment. but in my eagerness and excitement about life, i volunteered for after meal clean up!

after lunch, i spent my time journaling and in the word; both were SO good for my soul. (pardon the interruption, but i'm pretty sure i hear a cow. that is not something i think i've ever heard in haiti. interesting. carry on now.)

in congruence with thursdays, there was staff meeting, dinner, and ladies group; busy, but even those couldn't diffuse my stamina!

praise God for healing, and thank Him for who He is. this life is meant to be lived, fully. enjoyed, fully. but most importantly, He is to be worshipped. and i feel as if even on a thursday, my mood reflected my heart towards Him, and vice versa.

No comments:

Post a Comment